Kwara Safari is a Botswana-based company that offers safari tours in the Okavango Delta. The company was founded in 2006 by brothers Joss and Harry Lewington, who are both experienced safari guides.
Kwara Safari offers a variety of safari experiences, from day trips to longer expeditions. The company prides itself on its personalised service and its commitment to sustainable tourism.
Kwara Safari’s base camp is located in the Maun Rest Camp, which is situated on the edge of the Okavango Delta. From here, guests can explore the Delta’s waterways by boat, on foot, or by 4×4 vehicle.
Kwara Safari also offers a mobile camping option for those who want to get even closer to nature. This involves camping out in the bush for a few nights, with all of your meals and activities included.
If you’re looking for an African safari that offers a little bit of everything, Kwara Safari is a great option. Botswana is a safe and stable country, and the Okavango Delta is one of the most beautiful and biodiverse places on earth. With Kwara Safari, you can be sure of a personalised and sustainable safari experience.
Historical significance of Kwara Safari you’ll love to know
Botswana is home to some of Africa’s most iconic wildlife, and Kwara Safari is one of the best places to see it. The reserve is situated in the Okavango Delta, a wetland paradise that is teeming with life.
Kwara Safari was established in 1992 and covers an area of 4,000 hectares. It is one of the most popular safari destinations in Botswana, and for good reason. The reserve is home to a variety of wildlife, including lions, leopards, elephants, buffalo, and many more.
The Okavango Delta is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and Kwara Safari is an important part of this. The reserve is managed by the Botswana government, and a portion of the proceeds from tourism goes towards conservation.
Kwara Safari is a great place to see Botswana’s wildlife, and it is also an important part of the country’s history and culture.
Interesting facts about Kwara Safari
Kwara Safari in Botswana is one of the most popular safari destinations in Africa. The area is teeming with wildlife and is a great place to see lions, elephants, and other big animals. Here are some interesting facts about Kwara Safari that will make your trip even more enjoyable:
1. Kwara Safari is located in the north-western part of Botswana, near the Okavango Delta.
2. The area is a great place to see lions, elephants, and other big animals.
3. Kwara Safari is also home to a large number of bird species.
4. The best time to visit Kwara Safari is during the dry season, from May to October.
5. Accommodation in Kwara Safari is usually in the form of tented camps or lodges.
6. A visit to Kwara Safari can be combined with a trip to the nearby Chobe National Park.
7. Kwara Safari is a great place to experience the African bush.
8. The Safari Drive is the main attraction in Kwara Safari.
9. The Safari Drive is a great way to see the wildlife up close.
10. A visit to Kwara Safari is a great way to experience the African bush.
Planning your fun-packed Trip to Kwara Safari on a budget
Safari in Botswana on a budget
Kwara Safari in Botswana is one of the most popular safari destinations in Africa. It is known for its large number of wildlife and its amazing landscapes. However, it can be a bit pricey to visit. Here are some tips on how to visit Kwara Safari on a budget.
When to visit
The best time to visit Kwara Safari is during the dry season, which runs from May to October. This is when the animals are most active and the landscapes are at their best. However, it is also the busiest and most expensive time to visit. If you are on a tight budget, you may want to consider visiting during the wet season, which runs from November to April. The weather is not as nice during this time, but the prices are lower and the animals are still active.
There are a few different ways to get to Kwara Safari. The most popular and expensive way is to fly into Maun Airport and then take a charter flight to one of the safari lodges. This is the fastest and most convenient way to get to Kwara Safari, but it is also the most expensive. If you are on a budget, you may want to consider flying into Johannesburg or Nairobi and then taking a connecting flight to Maun. This will take a bit longer, but it will be much cheaper.
Where to stay
There are a variety of accommodation options in Kwara Safari. If you are on a budget, you may want to consider staying in one of the campsites. These are usually located near the entrance of the park and offer basic amenities. If you are willing to spend a bit more, there are a variety of safari lodges that offer more comfortable accommodation.
What to do
There are a variety of activities to do in Kwara Safari. The most popular activity is game drives, where you can see a variety of wildlife. Other popular activities include walking safaris, boat safaris, and visiting the local villages.
How to save money
There are a few ways to save money when visiting Kwara Safari. One way is to book your trip during the wet season. This is when the prices are lower and the crowds are thinner. Another way to save money is to book your accommodation and activities in advance. This will help you to avoid last-minute price increases.
Kwara Safari is an amazing place to visit and there are a variety of ways to do it on a budget. By following these tips, you will be able to have an amazing safari experience without breaking the bank.
Transportation to use in Kwara Safari
Kwara Safari, Botswana is a beautiful country with a lot to offer tourists. When it comes to transportation, there are a few options to consider.
The first option is to take a bus. This is a great option if you’re on a budget, as bus tickets are relatively cheap. However, keep in mind that the journey can be long and uncomfortable, and you may not have much room to move around.
If you’re looking for a more comfortable option, you can take a train. Train tickets are a bit more expensive than bus tickets, but the journey is much more comfortable and you’ll have more space to move around.
If you’re looking to travel in style, you can take a private car or a taxi. This is the most expensive option, but it’s also the most convenient and comfortable.
No matter which option you choose, you’re sure to have a great time in Kwara Safari, Botswana.
Things to Do & See in Kwara Safari
Kwara Safari in Botswana is a must-see for any traveller. The area is home to some of the most amazing wildlife on the planet, and there are plenty of things to do and see. Here are some of the highlights:
1. Visit the Okavango Delta – The Okavango Delta is one of the most unique ecosystems on earth. It is a massive wetland that is teeming with wildlife. You can take a safari through the delta to see all sorts of animals, including lions, elephants, and hippos.
2. Go on a game drive – A game drive is a great way to see the animals up close. You can go on a game drive in Kwara Safari, and you are likely to see some of the big five: lions, elephants, buffalo, leopards, and rhinos.
3. See the Victoria Falls – The Victoria Falls is one of the most impressive waterfalls in the world. It is located on the Zambezi River, and it is sure to take your breath away.
4. Take a river cruise – A river cruise is a great way to see the animals and the scenery. You can take a river cruise on the Chobe River, and you are likely to see elephants, hippos, and crocodiles.
5. Go on a walking safari – A walking safari is a great way to get up close and personal with the animals. You can go on a walking safari in Kwara Safari, and you are likely to see lions, elephants, and buffalo.
6. Visit the town of Maun – Maun is the gateway to the Okavango Delta, and it is a great place to learn about the local culture. There are plenty of things to do in Maun, including visiting the markets and going on safari.
7. Visit the town of Kasane – Kasane is the gateway to the Chobe National Park, and it is a great place to see the animals. There are plenty of things to do in Kasane, including going on a game drive and taking a river cruise.
8. Visit the town of Francistown – Francistown is the second largest city in Botswana, and it is a great place to learn about the history of the country. There are plenty of things to do in Francistown, including visiting the museums and going on safari.
9. Visit the town of Gaborone – Gaborone is the capital of Botswana, and it is a great place to learn about the culture of the country. There are plenty of things to do in Gaborone, including visiting the markets and going on safari.
10. Visit the town of Jwaneng – Jwaneng is the diamond capital of Botswana, and it is a great place to learn about the history of the country. There are plenty of things to do in Jwaneng, including visiting the mines and going on safari.
Useful language phrases for small talks in Kwara Safari
If you’re planning a trip to Kwara Safari in Botswana, it’s important to know a few useful phrases in the local language. Here are a few key phrases to help you make the most of your trip:
Goodbye: Sala leboha
Please: Ke a leboga
Thank you: Ke a leboga
Excuse me: Tsela e tshwanang le
How are you?: O kile a re tshwanang?
I’m fine, thank you: Ke a leboga, dumela
Do you speak English?: O tshwanetse go tswa mo Engerisi?
I don’t understand: A re na le bothata
Where is the toilet?: Leina la mopiti a le where?
How much does this cost?: Ke ipotsa ka tsela ee?
Where to stay in Kwara Safari
Kwara Safari in Botswana is one of the top safari destinations in Africa. With its abundance of wildlife and its wide open spaces, Kwara Safari is a place where you can truly get away from it all.
There are a number of different accommodation options available in Kwara Safari, from luxury lodges to more basic camping sites. Regardless of your budget, there is somewhere for you to stay in Kwara Safari.
One of the best places to stay in Kwara Safari is at one of the luxury lodges. These lodges offer unparalleled comfort and luxury, and they are located in some of the most beautiful parts of Kwara Safari. If you are looking for a truly luxurious safari experience, then staying at a lodge is the way to go.
If you are on a more budget, then there are a number of different campsites available in Kwara Safari. These campsites range from basic to more luxurious, and they offer a great way to experience Kwara Safari on a budget.
Regardless of where you stay, Kwara Safari is sure to offer an unforgettable safari experience. With its abundance of wildlife and its wide open spaces, Kwara Safari is a place where you can truly get away from it all.
Where to dine in Kwara Safari
Kwara Safari in Botswana is a beautiful and unique place to visit, and there are plenty of great places to dine while you’re there. Here are some of our top picks for where to eat in Kwara Safari.
The Boma Restaurant is a great option for a casual meal or a romantic dinner. The restaurant is located in an open-air thatched hut and offers stunning views of the Kwara Safari. The menu features traditional Botswanan cuisine, and there is also a selection of international dishes.
If you’re looking for something a little more upscale, the Kwara Safari Lodge is a great option. The lodge has its own private game reserve, and you can dine in the main lodge or in one of the thatched chalets. The menu features a mix of Botswanan and international dishes, and there is also a wine list.
For a truly unique dining experience, head to Jack’s Bar & Grill. The restaurant is located in an old converted school bus, and it offers a relaxed and fun atmosphere. The menu features a mix of American and Botswanan dishes, and there is a full bar.
If you’re looking for a quick bite, there are plenty of great options for street food in Kwara Safari. You’ll find vendors selling everything from traditional Botswanan dishes to burgers and fries.
No matter what your budget or dining preferences, you’ll be able to find a great place to eat in Kwara Safari. Bon appetit!
Fabulous shopping in Kwara Safari
Kwara Safari in Botswana is a fabulous place to shop for souvenirs and travel items. The safari-themed shop stocks a wide range of items, from clothes and accessories to home decor and books.
The shop is located in the heart of the Kwara Safari Park, making it the perfect place to stop for a break while on a game drive. The friendly staff are always on hand to help with any queries, and there is a wide range of items to choose from, so you’re sure to find the perfect souvenir or travel item.
There are a few things that are particularly popular with visitors to the shop, such as the safari-themed T-shirts, the beautiful hand-crafted jewelry, and the African-inspired home decor items. But whatever you’re looking for, you’re sure to find it at Kwara Safari.
So, next time you’re in Botswana, be sure to stop by Kwara Safari and stock up on all the souvenirs and travel items you need. You won’t be disappointed!
Safety and security to consider while in Kwara Safari
When travelling to Kwara Safari in Botswana, it is important to consider your safety and security. Here are some tips to help you stay safe and secure while on safari:
1. Be aware of your surroundings at all times. If you see something suspicious, report it to a staff member immediately.
2. Keep your belongings safe and secure at all times. Do not leave valuables in your vehicle or tent.
3. Be cautious when travelling off the beaten path. If you are unsure of the safety of an area, do not go there.
4. Be cautious of animals. Do not approach or feed any animals, no matter how tame they may seem.
5. Follow the rules and regulations of the safari. This will help to keep you and others safe.
By following these safety tips, you can help to ensure that your safari experience is enjoyable and safe.
Pros and cons of visiting Kwara Safari
When it comes to safari holidays, there are a few destinations that always top the list. Botswana’s Kwara Safari is one of those destinations. Situated in the heart of the Okavango Delta, Kwara Safari offers some of the best game viewing in Africa.
However, like any holiday destination, there are pros and cons to visiting Kwara Safari. Here are some of the things to consider before booking your trip:
– The game viewing is incredible. Kwara Safari is home to a large number of wildlife including lions, elephants, leopards and buffalo. You’re almost guaranteed to see a big cat on a game drive here.
– The landscapes are stunning. From the lush green delta to the dry Kalahari Desert, there is a huge variety of landscapes to explore on a Kwara Safari.
– The accommodation is top-notch. Kwara Safari is home to a number of luxury lodges where you can enjoy 5-star service and amenities.
– There are a variety of activities on offer. In addition to game drives, you can also go on walking safaris, mokoro trips and birdwatching excursions.
– Kwara Safari is not a cheap destination. Accommodation and activities come at a premium price.
– The climate can be extreme. Kwara Safari experiences very hot temperatures in the summer months. Make sure you pack plenty of sun cream and a hat.
– The mosquitos can be a nuisance. Kwara Safari is located in a malaria-risk area, so be sure to take the necessary precautions before travelling.
– There are no direct flights from the UK. You will need to fly to Johannesburg or Windhoek first before catching a connecting flight to Kwara Safari.
Conclusion on vistiting Kwara Safari
Kwara Safari in Botswana is a beautiful place to visit and the people are lovely and welcoming. We would definitely recommend it as a place to travel to. The scenery is stunning, the animals are incredible and the whole experience was one that we’ll never forget.