Documents Required for Singapore Passport
When applying for a Singapore passport, you will need to submit the following documents:
1. A completed passport application form.
2. Your most recent passport photographs.
3. Your birth certificate.
4. Your Singapore citizenship certificate.
5. If you are a male Singapore citizen aged 16 or above, you will need to submit your national service certificate.
6. If you have ever been convicted of a crime, you will need to submit your criminal record.
7. If you have ever had a passport issued in another country, you will need to submit that passport.
8. A self-addressed envelope for the return of your documents.
How to apply for Singapore Passport
It is compulsory for all Singapore citizens to possess a valid travel document, such as a passport, for international travel. If you are aged 16 and above, you should apply for your own passport. If you are below 16 years of age, your parent or legal guardian has to apply on your behalf.
Here are the steps to apply for a Singapore passport:
1. Gather the required documents.
To apply for a passport, you will need to submit the following documents:
• A duly completed application form.
• A recent passport-sized colour photograph of yourself.
• Your identity card, birth certificate or other form of identification.
• If you are a first-time applicant, you will also need to submit your supporting documents, such as your citizenship certificate or naturalisation order.
2. Submit your application.
You can submit your passport application in person at any Singapore passport office, or at any Singapore overseas mission. You can also mail your application to the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA).
3. Pay the application fee.
The application fee for a Singapore passport is S$30. You can pay the fee by cash, cheque or credit card.
4. Collect your passport.
You can collect your passport from the ICA or the Singapore overseas mission, whichever you have submitted your application to. If you have applied by mail, your passport will be delivered to you by registered post.
How to renew Singapore Passport
It is always a good idea to have your travel documents in order before you leave on a trip. This includes renewing your passport if it is close to expiring. Here is a guide on how to renew your Singapore passport for travelling:
1. Log on to the e-Service for passports website.
2. Select “Apply for a new passport”.
3. Fill in the online application form.
4. Make an appointment for biometrics collection at a passport office.
5. Attend your appointment and have your biometrics (photo and fingerprints) collected.
6. Pay the passport fee.
7. Your new passport will be mailed to you within 10 working days.
If you need to travel urgently and do not have time to wait for a new passport, you can apply for a temporary travel document at the passport office. This will allow you to travel to your destination and return to Singapore.
Singapore Passport Fees
A Singapore passport costs S$30 for a five-year validity period, or S$100 for a 10-year validity period. The fees are the same for both first-time applicants and renewals.
There is an additional charge of S$6 for the issuance of a new passport booklet, or S$10 for the replacement of a lost or damaged passport.
The fees for passport applications and renewals are payable by cash, cheque, or credit card. Fees can also be paid online through the Singapore e-Pay system.
Applications for Singapore passports can be made at any Singapore Overseas Mission, or at the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) offices in Singapore.
First-time applicants must submit their application in person, along with all required documents. Renewals can be done by post, or in person if the applicant is required to attend an interview.
How to apply for Singapore Passport from usa
If you are a resident of the United States and you are looking to travel to Singapore, you will need to obtain a passport. You can apply for a Singapore passport from the United States by following the steps below.
1. Gather the required documents. In order to apply for a Singapore passport, you will need to have your birth certificate, a photo ID, and proof of citizenship.
2. Fill out the application form. You can find the application form online or at your local Singaporean consulate.
3. Submit the application form along with the required documents.
4. Pay the application fee. The application fee for a Singapore passport is $30.
5. Wait for your passport to arrive. Once your application has been processed, your passport will be mailed to you.
Now that you know how to apply for a Singapore passport from the United States, you can start planning your trip!